I was playing with some rum balls today, for a video next week, and the first one I pulled off the silpat left this perfect chocolate smiley face. That has to be a great sign, right?
This white chili video recipe was inspired by a cup of sp icy chicken and white bean soup I had during my recent trip back east. I love chilis (yes, that's how you spell it) of all s hades and spices. While beef is most familiar to my c hili kettle, pork, turkey, and even lamb do make the occasional appearance. But, what about chicken? I rarely think of using chicken, so I was glad that cup of soup came along to remind me how great a chili, chicken can make - if you stay away from the horrible ground stuff. For me, chick en makes for a very poor ground meat. It's too lean, too dry, too chalky, and too "I wish this was ground chuck." The key here is chicken thighs - moist, shapely, boneless-skinless chicken thighs. The difference they make in taste and textu re is significant. By the way, don't s ubstitute chicken breasts. In my opinion, the small amount of fat savings are not worth the step-down in flavor. Enjoy! Ingredients: 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken...
RESEP RICA - RICA CAKAR AYAM ENAK BAHAN : 5 buah lombok ijo 1/2sendok teh merica 3 sendok makan saus sambal 1/2 sendok teh garam 1 buah jeruk nipis 1 buah jeruk manis (diambil kulitnya) 2 batang sereh 3 batang daun bawang 5 buah ceker ayam 5 sendok makan kecap manis 5 siung bawang merah 5 siung bawang putih 2 lembar daun pandan 1 buah tomat nanas secukupnya daun selada minyak goreng air putih CARA MEMBUAT RICA - RICA CAKAR AYAM ENAK : Rebus cakar selama 4 menit bersama daun pandan, daun serai, 1 sendok makan garam, 1/2sendok merica dan 1/2jeruk kemudian tiriskan Goreng cakar dengan bawang putih dan 2 sendok kecap manis kemudian tiriskan Tumis bahan-bahan bumbu : bawang putih 4 siung, bawang merah 5 siung, cabe 4-5 biji, merica, daun serai, daun pandan 2 biji, kaldu cakar, jeruk nipis 1 biji Tunggu hingga air kaldu meresap ke bumbu Tambahkan saus sambal, kecap manis dan nanas Masukkan cakar ke dalam bumbu Aduk hingga mencampur dengan bumbu
As I mentioned in the intro, this orange zest beef recipe is not supposed to be Chinese food, or even Americanized Chinese take-out food. Of course, since it’s obviously inspired by those day-glow orange, deep-fried beef nuggets (which may or may not be actual beef), comparisons are inevitable. While I have no delusions that those crunchy bits would be preferable to most people, especially ones that just stumbled out of a Phish concert, this much-lower-fat alternative is still a quick, easy and perfectly delicious meal. You’ll want to use a tender beef for this, since the cooking time is only 4-5 minutes. Cheaper cuts like chuck are going to be too tough, unless, of course, you pound it paper-thin, or use some kind of tenderizer. I used sirloin, which worked fine, but ideally you’ll find yourself some beef tenderloin trimmings. Here’s another instance where you are much better off going to talk to a butcher, rather than a clerk at the supermarket. A real butcher will sell you the scra...